Eggless Strawberry Cupcakes

The strawberries in my refrigerator never gets the opportunity to be eaten by anyone at my home(including me). I do not know why I frantically search for them when I might not use them at all.On one such crazy shopping I did buy a box of these strawberries...not that I wanted to..the shopkeeper knows that if he persuades saying the product is very good , then he will be successful in selling them to me.Hmm..he was successful as always and I ended buying them.So this time sanity prevailed over me and I decided not to waste them, atleast bake a cake....I landed on this recipe from Madhuram because I did not want to bake anything eggy today..and it turned out to be moist an super tasty too, and the best part of this story is that my strawberry hating daughter didn't figure out that so much strawberries were deceptively concealed in it and enjoyed eating it, raving about the moist texture and asking for more till i revealed the truth...that didn't deter her either:-)SHE ATE MORE:-)LOL!!!

INGREDIENTS
All purpose flour 1 3/4 cup

Sugar 3/4 cup

Baking soda 1 tsp

Oil 1/2cup

White distilled vinegar 1 tbsp

Vanilla extract 1 tsp

Strawberry puree 1 cup

Milk 1-2tbsp(optional)

Chocochips 2tbsp

PREPARATION
Preheat the oven to 180C

Line the muffin tray with liners or grease the muffin tray well.

Puree the strawberries. I used 15 of them

In a large bowl mix the flour, soda and sugar together

In another bowl add vinegar, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk them together. Now transfer the strawberry puree to this and whisk again.

Into this wet mixture fold in the flour-sugar mixture ans mix. If you need add 1 or 2 tbsp of milk to get the consistency (if the liquid mixture is not enough)

Scoop these into the muffin liner and sprinkle the chocochips if you have a chocoholic at home like my daughter.Bake them for 22-30 minutes
Test by inserting a wooden tooth pick in the center , if it comes out clean then it is done.

Linking this to Bake -a- thon with these lovely bakers
CHAMPA

SUSAN

PRIYA SURESH

Preeti Deo

Labels: , , ,