Eggless Saffron Flavoured Coconut Cookies

Cooking in a makeshift kitchen is an ordeal ..and baking...Don't ask me as to how I am managing this...I really do not know ...I guess I derive the perseverance from my family...Wondering what's going on...well!!my kitchen is being renovated so cooking/baking in a makeshift place:-)Hence could not bake anything elaborate but could manage this simple cookie.For today's Bake-a-thon post,I chose these cookies, Very simple like the Nankhatai's and the flavour of saffron fills the whole place while baking!!!!!

INGREDIENTS
Adapted from Here
All purpose flour 1 cup
Sugar 1/4 cup
Butter 1/4 cup
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Coconut powder/ Dessicated coconut 1/4 cup
Saffron Few strands
Milk 1/4 cup
PREPARATION
Preheat the oven at 140C
Melt the butter and saffron strands keep aside to cool.
In a bowl mix flour, dessicated coconut, powdered sugar and Baking Soda
Now mix in the melted butter to this mixture. It forms crumbs like texture. Now add the required quantity of milk and knead the dough
Pinch small balls from this dough and flatten it a little.
Arrange them on a greased baking tray (spaced out-they should be placed apart from each other)
Bake for about 25-30 minutes or till done(starts browning at the base)
Cool on a wire rack to firm up
Serve it with a cup of hot coffee.
Linking this to Bake -a- thon with these lovely bakers
CHAMPA
PRIYA SURESH

Labels: , , , ,