Eggless Banana Vanilla Marble cake

 I love to eat fruits but somehow will not eat bananas unless there is no other fruit at home. Most of the times it is abandoned both by mother daughter duo and the rescuer is always my hubby. Yesterday while he was just leaving, he cautioned me not to waste it and I shook my head vigourously saying I wouldn't. I then saw the fruit becoming pale yellowish and developing black spots and was sure of its journey into the bin. But sanity prevailed, and instead of just throwing it into the bin, I searched for some recipe which uses bananas and would be eggless too and finally came upon this recipe.

INGREDIENTS
Recipe Source: Treat And Tricks
All purpose flour     1 1/4 cup
Brown sugar             1/2 cup
Mashed banana          1 cup(I used 3 big ones)
Oil                              1/4 cup(I used sundrop)
Baking powder          1tsp
Baking Soda               1/2 tsp
Cocoa                         2 tbsp
Salt                            1/4 tsp
Milk                            3tbsp
Vanilla                        1tsp

PREPARATION
Preheat the oven to 180 C
Grease the cake pan. I have used the mini bundt pan
Sieve the flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt to gether. Keep aside
In a bowl beat together the mashed banana, sugar , oil and vanilla to get a smooth texture.
Now add the flour mixture to into and mix completely
Divide the batter into 2 parts
Add cocoa to one poetion
Now spoon alternately both the plain batter and the batter with cocoa and then take a toothpick and just swirl around once or twice. DO NOT GET CARRIED AWAY AND SWIRL MORE as you will end up have a cocoa cake rather than a marble cake
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it is done
Transfer this to a cooling rack and serve!!
Linking this to bake-a-thon , Cake Mela By srivalli, Bake Treats by Kalyani



Labels: , , , ,