Dhokla Shimla Mirch


Hi
What do you all do when you run out of ideas for recipes????I turn to my mother and my very talented good friend. I am sure one of them will definetely help me out and this time it is my friend Uma who suggested this recipe to me.When she said dhokla in shimla mirch, i did not understand how that would be , till she sent me a link to the recipe from Tarla dalal. Here is the recipe for a wonderful starter!!!

INGREDIENTS
The original recipe is HERE
Bell peppers              4
Instant khamam dhokla mix  1 packet(I used Gits)
FOR THE TEMPERING
Mustard seeds          1tsp
Sesame seeds           1tsp
Asafoetida                1/4 tsp
Curry leaves              few
Oil                            2tbsp
Coriander                   1 tbsp

PREPARATION
Chop the upper part of the capsicum and emove the seeds
Mix the dhokla as per the given instructions on the packet
Pour the mix into each capsicum and steam for around 10 minutes. Cool it
Cut the capsicum into 2(optional)
Heat the pan with oil and add the mustard seeds. When it crackles add the sesame seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves
Now add the steamed capsicum to this and saute for 5 minutes
Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Linking this starter to blogging marathon#18
Thank you Uma. This is indeed a lovely starter!!!

Labels: , , , ,