Scallion And Cheese Scones

I have been thinking all night as to what i could bake for Day 6 of Bake-a-thon...something savoury was what my daughter wanted, I wanted to bake something quick...I scrolled my Bookmarks(yeah..it runs into pages)found this scone recipe from Pavani...Looked yummy and it turned out yummy too
INGREDIENTS

All purpose flour 1 cup

Whole Wheat flour 1/2 cup

Baking powder 2 1/4 tsp

Salt 3/4 tsp

Butter(cold) 3 tbsp cut into cubes

Cheddar cheese 3/4 cup

Milk 100 ml

Italian seasoning 2 tsp

Scallion 3 tbsp( finely cut)

PREPARATION
Sift the flous, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

To this add the cut cold butter and mix to form bread crumbs like texture

Now add the cut scallions , seasonings, cheese to this and mix well. At this stage you will need the milk to form a dough.Mix in the milk and knead to form a soft dough

Roll into 1' thick circle or rectangle, cut into wedges and place them apart in a greased tray.

Bake at 200 C for 15 minutes

cool and serve with a cup of hot chai

Linking these scones with my buddy bakers of Bake-A-Thon
CHAMPA

SUSAN

PRIYA SURESH

Preeti Deo
Thank you Pavani...scones are perfect!!!!!

Labels: , , ,