BHENDI / OKRA FRY

My daughter loves when i prepare this dish in a microwave, That's because it is not soggy at all and even when very crisp it does not loose its taste. I also prefer to cook this way since i can control the crispiness as per each persons taste. My hubby doesn't like it very crisp and my mom-in-law would prefer it to be a little dry only.Hmmmm.....i wonder what i would have done without this wonder machine:-)

INGREDIENTS

Bhendi/ Okra 1/2 kg

Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp

Chilli powder 1 tsp

Asafoetida 1/2 tsp

Oil 3 to 4 tsp

salt to taste


PREPARATION

Wash the Okra and dry it.

Trim the caps and cut it into small discs preferably into same size( ofcourse approxmately:-) )



Transfer the cut vegetables into a micro-safe bowl , close it with a micro safe lid/ plate and cook it on HIGH for 5 mins

Let it stand for a minute.

Now add all the dry powders and 1 tsp oil and cook it in OPEN for further 5 minutes.

If you want it more dry continue to cook it for another 5 minutes stirring once in between

My daughter loves to have this crisp
I added 2 more tsp of oil and cooked it for 5 more minutes

Cooking bhendi this way is hassle free for me.

I have posted all the stages of fry that my family likes to have

Do try this.Pretty easy to cook. Cooking time may differ a little depending on the wattage of your machine

Sending this fry to SRIVALLI'S 365 DAYS OF MICROWAVE COOKING and PADMAJHA'S MEC-FAVOURITES started by Srivalli

Labels: ,