CHOCOLATE APPLE RING

HI
This is my second blog post and again part of one more challenge"‘Baking from the Book’"
I have always been addicted to baking and try to buy cookbooks often. When i came across this challenge i thought of this recipe because my daughter loves anything that is cooked with chocolate.....CHOCHOHOLIC:-). This recipe is from the book "THE CHOCOLATE COOKBOOK BY TARLA DALAL" i am sure many of us are....
Try this recipe out to satiate your chocolate craving

APPLES 2 nos

PLAIN FLOUR 3/4 CUPS

SUGAR 1/4 CUP

CONDENSED MILK 1 1/3 CUPS ( i used one tin of amul milk mithai)

BUTTER 3 TBSP

COCOA POWDER 5 TBSP

CINNAMON POWDER 1 1/2 TSP

NUTMEG POWDER 1/2 TSP (i omitted this)

BAKING POWDER 1 TSP

SALT 1/2 TSP

1.Peel the apples, chop it and cook it till soft. I microwaved it for 5 mins. Cool and mash it.

2. Seive together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, spice powder.

3.Cream the sugar and butter till fluffy. I added the condensed milk to this and beat it too.

4. Add the mashed apples to it.

5. Now add the flour mixture to this.

6. Pour this mixture in a greased ring mould. I have used a 8" ring mould

7.bake at 180 degrees C for 30 mins

8.Cool and unmould the cake

Delicious choco apple cake is ready



Verdict:

yummy cake , everyone will love it. The cake is very soft when u bite across the apples pulp( i did not mash it fully) and the spicy flavour is too good. If you ask me if i will bake this again....the answer is YYYYYESSSS
mY DAUGHTER LOVED IT SOOOO MUCH. I am sure many of you would love to own this book. It is real worth for the money. Check it out here


I am sending this entry to Baking from the Book’ hosted by SUMA OF VEGGIE PLATTER STARTED BY
CHAMPA
Do go and have a look at all those yummy bakes.

Labels: , ,